I am finally high up in the mountains in the gorgeous Alps. Staying in the lovely Val Thorens resort in the 3 Valleys, I am surrounded by white mountains and sunshine. This place is truly idyllic. Although I leave the chalet with my hair in perfect plaited bunches, after bombing down a few slopes and surviving a couple of face plants, I don’t look as well put together lol. But with the right products, at least my makeup has a better chance of looking flawless, glowing and natural all day long.
Makeup For The Slopes – step by step
1. It is so important to look after your skin. I recently had a consultation with Clarins and they showed me some great products. I have to say, I’ve never realised all you can do to look after your skin. I have been blessed with good skin, I’ve never suffered with spots and so, I’m ashamed to admit it, I take my skin for granted and simply wash and moisturise. But after my consult with Clarins I was amazed by the amunt of products to cleanse, tone and exfoliate. I’m going to look forward to experimenting with more new products over the coming months and sharing these with you.
Anyway back to it, so being out here in the harsh weather (one minute it’s a blizzard, the next it scorching hot sun bouncing off the snow), I wanted to make sure I give my skin the best chance. So I started off with a good cleanse and tone followed by a good moisturiser. At the moment I’m using their Water Comfort One Step Cleanser, which includes a cleanser and toner in one, followed by the HydraQuench Lotion, which, as an added bonus, has SPF15. (Their Bi-Sérum Intensif is great for a nighttime moisturiser).
2. Next I applied a primer. I have just discovered a new primer, the No7 Airbrush Away Radiance Boosting Primer. Oh my goodness I love this! It gives your skin an instant glow and lift and your skin feels soft all day long! Not only that, but your makeup lasts alllll day on top of this primer.
3. Concealer was much needed, so I covered my red blemishes around my nose, cheeks and those dark circles under my eyes with my Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer, shade nude. Next a thin layer of my No7 Stay Perfect foundation, shade honey, over the top and blended with my new Ecotools stippling brush (love these brushes by the way)!
4. Using a figure of 3, from my brow down to my cheeks and then down to my chin, I applied a bit of my Collection Matt Bronze Glow bronzer and added a sprinkling of Collection Bashful blush on my cheeks.
5. I have just received a gorgeous Sun Beam highlighter from Benefit Cosmetics. I love this. It’s so subtle, but divine! Just a few dots across the cheek bone and under the brows adds that little bit of shimmer, that the sun catches and the perfect moment 🙂 can you tell I love this product!
6. Another gem from Benefit Costmetics was their new mascara. I have to admit this is slowly becoming my new favourite mascara. As you will see in a post which will soon be coming, I have a bit of a nightmare when it comes to mascara. My eyelashes just DON’T WANT TO CURL!!!! It’s a lifelong issue, of which I tried many remedies including, a heated eyelash curler (this rocks by the way!!) but now my heated eyelash curler is broken and I have less time to apply my makeup, I’d much prefer just a brilliant mascara that does what it says on the tin. Well here it is!!!! The Benefit Roller Lash mascara.
7. And now, for my new airport purchase from MAC. I have just invested in (yes Tim, my husband, says I throw the word “investment” around too much but hey, good lips are an investment 😊) a beautiful new lipstick. This is the Matte Velvet Teddy shade, a really natural shade along with the Staunchly Stylish Pro Longwear lip pencil. Since I love a glossy lip, I like to top my lipstick with a clear gloss.
So there you have it! Makeup for the slopes, glowy, gorgeous, natural makeup, perfect 😊
What are you new favourite makeup items, please do share 😊